For applicant background checks
Mentalix's Fed Submit (Civil) product is used by civilian and security companies -- such as banks, airports and government agencies -- that are mandated or permitted to submit background checks to the FBI, LexisNexis or OPM. Electronic fingerprint capture (and submission, where permitted) can result in significant time and cost savings for agencies that previously mailed ten-print inked cards for identity verification. Fed Submit's adaptability, scalability and affordability make it work for organizations of any size.
- FBI-certified live scan and card scan support
- Applicant fingerprint capture software
- 500 ppi FBI certification
- FBI-certified WSQ compression
- FBI-certified color printing on blank card stock with CardPrint add-on
- EBTS formatting
- Fingerprint quality check
- Fingerprint sequence checks (with live scan)
- Stores 70,000+ transactions
- Full text search capability
- Transaction reports
- Supports submission of transactions via SMTP using customer-supplied dial-up or VPN connection
- Customized data entry and field checks specific to applicant card requirements
- Electronic submissions accepted by OPM, LexisNexis, AAAE, etc.; ask Mentalix about other agencies
- Context-specific field image display during data entry (with card scan)
Fed Submit VPAT
- Eliminates the mess of ink capture and reduces errors.
- Increases speed of capture and submission process.
- Low cost makes it affordable for even small-volume needs or for placing units at multiple sites.
- Streamlines transaction administration, featuring fingerprint acquisition, submission and tracking.
- Can be expanded or scaled down to accommodate a single-site operation or a multi-office organization.
- Works with off-the-shelf hardware rather than costly special equipment.
- Straightforward -- does not require extensive training.
- Designed for background checks, software includes standard NIST fields -- no specialization is needed.
REQUIRED SYSTEM HARDWARE & THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE:
Computer & Monitor
- Mid-range Intel (Core i3/i5 2.1 GHz or higher, Core 2 Duo E7500 or higher, etc.) or similar AMD processor
- 1 GB or more memory
- PCI-Express video card with 256 MB or more video RAM, capable of 1024 x 768 resolution
- For desktop PC: 20-inch or larger LCD flat-panel display. Monitor must be XGA (Extended Graphics Array) capable or better.
- For notebook: 15-inch or larger LCD flat-panel display with XGA or better capability
- TCP/IP network connection (an encrypted, public or dedicated connection using dial-up, DSL, cable or high-speed network, as required by your destination agency)
- If your destination agency is LexisNexis or OPM, you will only need a modem or VPN Internet connection. VPN is highly recommended.
- UPS power backup system (not required for notebook computers)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 (or later)
- To receive the full benefits of Mentalix maintenance, you will be required to provide remote access to your system. This will allow Mentalix support personnel, while under your supervision, to diagnose problems on your system. To enable remote access, you should have the LogMeIn client installed.
SYSTEM OPTIONS -- Listed hardware is required only if you are using these options:
- USB 2.0 port for USB scanners
- Supported flatbed scanners:
- Epson Perfection 4990 (PHOTO or PRO)
- Epson Perfection V700 (PHOTO or PRO)
- For USB scanners: USB 2.0 port with cable
- Supported live scanners:
- Recommended height of table (on which the live scanner will be placed) is approximately 43 inches. (Disregard if you are purchasing a Mentalix-supplied ruggedized cabinet.)
- Lexmark C544n or T650n printer
- For local connection: USB 2.0
- For network connection: TCP/IP LAN
Magnetic Swipe Card Reader
- Note: Swipe card readers only recognize AAMVA-compliant ID cards. To verify your state's compliance, see the "magnetic stripe" jurisdictions at
- USB 2.0 port
- MagTek™ USB 3-Track Magnetic Swipe Card Reader with included USB cable, Black (Part No. 21040102) or White (Part No. 21040101)
- Alaska Regional Park Service
- American Stock Exchange LLC
- Antietam National Battlefield
- Arvest Bank
- Bandelier National Monument
- Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park
- Coastal Federal Credit Union
- CSC Computer Sciences, U.S.
- First International Bank & Trust
- Harris Bank
- HireRight, Inc.
- HR Profiles, Inc.
- Lehigh Northampton Airport Authority
- Louisiana National Guard
- MacDill Air Force Base
- McNeil Technologies
- Navy Operational Support Center LA
- Navy Personnel Command
- Parkland Hospital Police Department
- Sterling National Bank
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Investigations Services
- UMB Bank